Community Connection is a committee of Positively Pewaukee volunteers formed to support and supplement other nonprofits whose mission is to help families in need in Pewaukee. The goal of the committee is to provide assistance to these non profits through marketing, outreach, volunteers and fundraising. No Pewaukee family should be without basic needs. Together, we will work to make this a reality.
Here are past projects:
- Backpack Coalition – We fill over 200 backpacks for Pewaukee school children.
- Pewaukee Food Pantry – We work on numerous projects with the pantry including supplying food, health care products, and Christmas gifts, as well a coordinating volunteers.
- Clothing items/Snacks – We provide clothing and snacks to children in the Pewaukee schools that are having financial difficulties.
- Learning Lab – We work with the High School to provide snacks and incentive gift cards to young people who are returning to school to get their GED. Our goal is to encourage them to continue pursuing their education.
- Emergency Fund – We purchase gas cards or grocery gift cards for families in temporary crisis such as fires or other emergencies. We also provide clothing and school items for these families.
- Police Comfort Bags – We supply Comfort Bags, small backpacks that contain toys, crayons and coloring books, for police officers to share with children in need of comfort in a stressful situation.
- Other projects include funds for field trips, special awards, and other services as needed.
All the funds used for these projects are provided through donations from the community. This is a true sign of community members helping fellow community members. We are a 501(c)(3) organization, and all gifts are tax deductible. For more information on how the program works or how you can help, please contact Elaine Kroening at 262-695-9735 or email@example.com