Pewaukee Community Connection
The Community Connection is a committee of Positively Pewaukee volunteers that was formed to support and supplement other nonprofits whose mission is to help families in need in Pewaukee. The goal of the committee is to provide assistance to these non-profits through marketing, outreach, volunteers and fundraising. No Pewaukee family should be without basic needs; we will work hard to make this a reality.
Here are the projects we have worked on in the past few years:
- Backpack Coalition – In 2016 we have taken over this project from the Pewaukee Food Pantry and will fill over 150 backpacks for Pewaukee School children. Click here for the list of supplies needed or how you can financially help.
- Pewaukee Food Pantry – We work on numerous project with the Pantry including providing volunteers, food, health care products and Christmas gifts.
- Senior Phone Reassurance Program – We have formed a partnership with Interfaith Caregivers in Waukesha and have begun a pilot program called “Pewaukee Phone Reassurance”. Volunteers who live in Pewaukee call seniors who live in Pewaukee to check in with them every few days
- Youth Leadership Program- In its second year, this program teaches leadership skills to 23 – 5th and 6th graders in Pewaukee. They meet twice a month and have a year-end service project.
- Winter clothing items – We provide winter clothing to children in the Pewaukee schools that are having financial difficulties. We also provide snacks for the classrooms of the younger children again for the families having financial difficulties.
- Emergency fund –We will purchase gas cards or grocery gift cards for families in temporary crisis such as fires or other emergencies. We will also provide clothing item or school items for these families.
- Greeting Card Project – We have a group of 12 ladies who meet at our office every six week to make handmade greeting cards for Interfaith Caregivers and our local senior centers. In the past three years this group has made over 1,000 greeting cards!
- Book Drive – At the end of the school year we do a used booked drive. The books are distributed to the teachers who give them to the children in their classes that they know will not have access to books during the summer. It keeps the children engaged and their reading levels stay the same or increase because of these books.
- Thriving Waukesha – We are beginning a partnership with Waukesha County looking for solutions to assist low income families in Pewaukee become more self-sufficient, through training and classes.
- Police Comfort Bags– We provide Comfort Bags for our Police Department. They are small backpacks that have toys, crayons and coloring books in them for the officers to give out when they are on a call and they encounter a child that needs to be comforted.
- We have other small projects that we do with the schools on an as needed basis such as helping find the funds for field trips or special awards.
All the funds used for these projects are through donations from the community. Our belief is that community should help community and it is a reality with this program! We are a 501 © 3 organization and all gifts are tax deductible. For more information on how the program works or how you can help, please contact Elaine Kroening at 262-695-9735 or email@example.com