Pewaukee Community Connection
The Community Connection is a committee of Positively Pewaukee volunteers that was formed to support and supplement other nonprofits whose mission is to help families in need in Pewaukee. The goal of the committee is to provide assistance to these non-profits through marketing, outreach, volunteers and fundraising. No Pewaukee family should be without basic needs; we will work hard to make this a reality.
Here are the projects we have worked on in the past few years:
- Backpack Coalition – In 2016 we have taken over this project from the Pewaukee Food Pantry and will fill over 130 backpacks for Pewaukee School children.
- Pewaukee Food Pantry – We work on numerous project with the Pantry including providing volunteers, food, health care products and Christmas gifts.
- Youth Leadership Program- This program teaches leadership skills to 5th and 6th graders in Pewaukee. They meet twice a month and have a year-end service project.
- Winter clothing items – We provide winter clothing to children in the Pewaukee schools that are having financial difficulties. We also provide snacks for the classrooms of the younger children again for the families having financial difficulties.
- Emergency fund –We will purchase gas cards or grocery gift cards for families in temporary crisis such as fires or other emergencies. We will also provide clothing item or school items for these families.
- Book Drive – At the end of the school year we do a used booked drive. The books are distributed to the teachers who give them to the children in their classes that they know will not have access to books during the summer. It keeps the children engaged and their reading levels stay the same or increase because of these books.
- Police Comfort Bags– We provide Comfort Bags for our Police Department. They are small backpacks that have toys, crayons and coloring books in them for the officers to give out when they are on a call and they encounter a child that needs to be comforted.
- We have other small projects that we do with the schools on an as needed basis such as helping find the funds for field trips or special awards.
- New for 2017 – Creative Connection; Where CommUnity is made! – This is a program where we help women in the Pewaukee community empower themselves to improve their lives through job and financial counseling, support groups and creative time.
All the funds used for these projects are through donations from the community. Our belief is that community should help community and it is a reality with this program! We are a 501 © 3 organization and all gifts are tax deductible. For more information on how the program works or how you can help, please contact Elaine Kroening at 262-695-9735 or email@example.com