Pewaukee Community Connection
The Community Connection is a committee of Positively Pewaukee volunteers that was formed to support and supplement other nonprofits whose mission is to help families in need in Pewaukee. The goal of the committee is to provide assistance to these non-profits through marketing, outreach, volunteers and fundraising. No Pewaukee family should be without basic needs; we will work hard to make this a reality.
Here are the projects we have worked on in the past few years:
- Backpack Coalition – We fill over 200 backpacks for Pewaukee School children.
- Pewaukee Food Pantry – We work on numerous project with the Pantry including providing volunteers, food, health care products and Christmas gifts.
- Clothing items/Snacks – We provide clothing and snacks to children in the Pewaukee schools that are having financial difficulties.
- Learning Lab -We work with the High School to provide snacks and incentive gift cards to young people who are returning to school to get their GED. We want to encourage them to continue in school,
- Emergency fund –We will purchase gas cards or grocery gift cards for families in temporary crisis such as fires or other emergencies. We will also provide clothing item or school items for these families.
- Police Comfort Bags– We provide Comfort Bags for our Police Department. They are small backpacks that have toys, crayons and coloring books in them for the officers to give out when they are on a call and they encounter a child that needs to be comforted.
- We have other small projects that we do with the schools on an as needed basis such as helping find the funds for field trips or special awards.
All the funds used for these projects are through donations from the community. Our belief is that community should help community and it is a reality with this program! We are a 501 © 3 organization and all gifts are tax deductible. For more information on how the program works or how you can help, please contact Elaine Kroening at 262-695-9735 or email@example.com